1. Applicants must be a member or an active participant of First United Methodist Church, Winfield KS.
2. Scholarships are available for qualified undergraduate applicants on an annual basis. Qualified
applicants who are seeking a scholarship for post-graduate studies are eligible to receive one
scholarship only. Scholarship awards may be received for a combined total of 5 years.
3. Students seeking graduate education in vocational ministry will be eligible for repeated scholarships
while doing graduate work.
4. Applicants will be required to write a short statement about what their faith means to them, and
their educational goals as they relate to their faith journey now and in the future.
5. Applicants are encouraged to attend worship regularly. Applicants are asked to give a written
account of church related activities attended during the past year, i.e. worship, FCA, youth groups,
Bible Study, prayer partners, etc.
6. Applicants must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average to qualify.
7. Applicants are required to include with their application, a letter of personal character reference
from a non-staff, non-family member that has been written during the current school year.
8. The number of qualified applicants and available funding will affect the amount of the awards
9. Applications must be typed or printed legibly. Please make sure that all items are completed.
Online applications are available at www.winfieldfumc.org on the Scholarship page, as well as a pdf
form of the application. To receive a Word document that can be completed and returned as an
attachment, email Nancy@winfieldfumc.org.
10. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Jan. 16, 2024 5:00 p.m.